4/23/09

7 Shots!

We had well-check visits yesterday. Emma was not looking forward to it, but I told her she didn't need any shots this time. She went just fine after that. Once we got to the office though, I was told she needed 5 shots! The poor kid. I felt so bad that I'd promised her she wouldn't need any and then they stuck her 5 times. I told her we would get balloons afterward and that made everything better. She was especially excited for pretty bandaids. Ashlyn also had to get 2 shots. I didn't know who I felt worse for - Emma who knew what she was getting into and was dreading it or unsuspecting Ashlyn. They're troopers though. It's amazing what stickers and the promise of a balloon will do.

The pediatrician also told me that Ashlyn's eardrums are both extremely swollen. She's never fussed about them or acted up about going to bed at night. She had a low fever for a day over a week ago, but other than her recent outburst of horrible temper tantrums, she's been her normal, little self. We started her on an antibiotic and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her extreme tantrums will settle down once it kicks in.

Both girls are growing well. Ashlyn is a healthy 26+" tall 33 lbs and Emma is 40" tall 41.5 lbs. It's amazing to me to see how big they are. I'm so grateful for healthy, busy kids. They keep me on my toes, but in the long run, I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Monte and Lacee said...

O NO!!! i bet that they need their aunt lacee to make them feel better. did they both just scream? shots are the pits.

Kerri said...

Ha! Your Ashlyn weighs almost as much as my Amber. I guess you're not surprized though, are you?

Trish said...

I have total empathy! We did the same thing last week. I tried to schedule the appointments so I wouldn't be dealing with two crying children, but they were out of the shots Abby needed the first day. Also, the tantrum thing...Jordan SCREAMED for 45 minutes today because we didn't have any cheese for his sandwich. He's been fighting a cold, so I hope it gets better!