3/19/09

Kiddos

I'm feeling the need to write about my kiddos. We've had a really good day together today. It was actually warm enough for us to walk down to the park before lunch. Ashlyn took a nap, woke up happy, and actually called for me, "Mama," rather than for Daddy. Note that Daddy has been in Wyoming since Monday and she has been asking for him constantly. While Ashy napped, Emma and I colored and set up her tent. Then after naps we made pizzas together. We finished out the day by going to McKee's the local pet store. This place has everything, including a monkey, tortoises, and a petting zoo out back. The girls were in heaven. Ashy actually held my hand for almost the entire trip. After that, here is a glimpse into their little worlds.

Emma:
Emma is four and two months now, and she loves to remind people how old she is. She is constantly asking if she did something when she was three, two, or one. In other words, she's figuring out time. It's fascinating. She loves pretending. A common phrase around here now is "Let's pretend that . . ." She loves to draw, dress-up, and help me with anything. She especially loves to cook with me. Emma is my little cuddler and always wants me nearby. She is naturally happy and fun to be with. While she is occassionally loud, she loves trying to make others happy by trying to entertain them. I often look at her these days and wonder when she got so big. One of my favorite new things is how she loves playing with Ashlyn. I hope Ashlyn will want to play with Emma as much as Emma wants her to to play with her.

Ashlyn:
While Ashy is rather emotional, she is the funnest kid to be around when she's happy. I am amazed at how smart she is. She was sitting on my lap "writing" with my pencil this morning when she started making little scribles and saying "Q, R, S" over and over. And at dinner tonight I overheard her singing, "I can do and say, happy things each day." I didn't even know she knew that song. I'll have to add it to her list. She loves to sing the alphabet song (in its entirety), Old MacDonald, Twinkle-Twinkle, Ba-ba Black Sheep, Give Said the Little Stream, the chorus to I Am a Child of God, and parts of several others. She can also count to 12 and does so quite often. She also loves to help me cook. She's always saying, "My turn, Mama?" and even though she expresses it in interesting ways some times, she loves Emma very much. Every morning when Ashlyn first sees Emma she goes up to her, tells her good morning, and gives her a hug. I love that. Some of her common phrases are "Sit by you?" "No. I don't want to." "Taco Bell!" (for when she's hungry - Nick has been taking the girls there Tuesday nights when I'm teaching), and "Where Daddy go?" Some of her newest words are crocodile, caterpillar, and several color words. I know that she'll be turning two next month, but it seems to me like I already have my next 3-year-old. She's growing up so fast. We have our moments, but I love my little Ashy. I love reading her stories and listening to her sing. When she runs, she makes tiny, little steps on her tiptoes. She's just too cute.

Both of my girls are such blessings in my life. I wouldn't be the same person without them. I love you girls.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am glad you found our blog so we can find yours too. Your girls are such cuties!

Shar said...

they are both such adorable girls. it's fun to get to know them through the blog. maybe one day we'll get to meet them, too!

Juanita Mair said...

Cute and smart! I didn't know you got stuck on I-80 after Phantom. Randy had the boys in Evanston, and I saw them. He passed me on the sisters, and I followed his taillights home. Otherwise, I'd have been right there beside you, only we'd never have known. I have been trying to figure out how to do one of these blogs today, bu t go back to work tomorrow, so it probably won't get done.