2/22/09

Weekend Away

We just got back from a fun weekend in Salt Lake City. On Thursday we took the girls to Nick's parents' home in Wyoming and headed down to Salt Lake. Nick's dad had tickets to the Jazz vs. Celtics game and let us go along. I'll admit that I'm not usually into sports, but I do enjoy watching an occasional game, especially when it's a good game. We really had a ton of fun. Thanks, Kim.

On Friday we went for a day of skiing at Brighton. We actually had sun, too. We did have a bit of wind, but there were no lines, so we skied as much as we wanted as fast as we wanted. Then we went to a nice dinner at Macaroni Grill. To finish the weekend off right, we went to a temple session on Saturday morning.

It's been a bit of a busy and somewhat stressful couple of months. It was nice to just spend some time with Nick. I'm so grateful for a good husband. He really does take good care of me and the girls. I'm also grateful for Nick's parents and their willingness to watch our girls and to love every minute of it. It was so nice to get away for a couple of days knowing that they were perfectly taken care of. Thank you everyone. It was a nice weekend.

5 comments:

Sarah R said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I am definitely jealous. I almost can't remember the last time Joel and I really went anywhere without the kids! At least I'll have a live-in babysitter in about 5 years. Maybe we'll go on a date then. :)

Ranee` said...

My sis might get a new car down here in Wyo and if she does my mom and I are bringing it down to her in Provo, so I might be making another trip that way again! :) I will let you know.

Sarah B. said...

How fun! I am glad you guys had a weekend away!

Monica said...

I was down in SLC that same weekend! I had a dental convention and I drove right by the Delta center when everyone was going in. And then I wanted to eat at the Macaroni Grill Fri night but everyone else wanted to eat somewhere else. that would have been fun to see you there.

April said...

I'm so glad you got away! I know you guys needed it. I hope you have a great week!