2/4/09

Rexburg's Winter Festival

We visited my parents in Rexburg this last weekend. While Nick and my dad went snowmobiling, my sisters and I took Emma and their kids to Smith Park and the city's annual Winter Festival. We arrived just in time to see the crazy "Polar Bear Club" jumping into a swimming pool. It was so cold. I watched one guy just about cry as he waited for his turn. After that, Emma dug for coins in the snow and traded them in for prizes. Then we sprayed snow with colored water in squirt bottles, watched snow bowling, and threw snow balls at targets. There were also tons of people sledding, a guy carving some pretty impressive snow sculptures, and teams pulling sleighs for hay rides. Unfortunately, my little sister stood in the hay ride line for 45 minutes only to be told that the cut-off was six people in front of her. We had a lot of fun though.

Emma and her cousin Kate with the bear snow sculpture.

Emma digging for coins.
My sister Kerri with her Kate, me with Emma (who really did have more fun than her face depicts), and my sister Rebecca with her little trooper Ryken. Behind us is the make-shift swimming pool. Brr.

5 comments:

Sarah B. said...

How fun! I want to try all of those activities--minus the swimming. YUCK! I would be the one crying, that is for sure!

Trish said...

That looks like so much fun...and even funner with cousins and sisters!

Jake said...

The funny thing is that we used to live a block from Smith Park and never went to the Winter Festival. I didn't even know they did it until reading your blog. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Jadi said...

I love anything with the word festival in it! :) I am glad you had fun.

Lisa Burbidge said...

Looks a little to cold for me! Glad you braved it and had a great time.