2/11/09

Happy 4th Birthday Emma!

We had a fun week last week as we anticipated, enjoyed, and then celebrated Emma's birthday. Here actual birthday fell on Wednesday, the day I babysit several friends of ours. We only had the Lundt girls last week, but we made cupcakes together. The girls all had so much decorating and eating them. It was a lot of fun watching them. Emma thoroughly enjoyed it. Since we didn't celebrate her birthday until Friday, it was a great birthday activity. That and going "Old McDonalds" for dinner made her the happiest birthday girl. One of these days we'll realize Emma doesn't need much more than a bit of attention to stay happy.


On Friday, we had as much family as we could pull together over for a birthday party. It was fun being with family. Emma loved her presents. She received her first Barbie (sigh), a great collention of art project supplies, and her first bike! She has been riding that bike around the basement like a pro.


Emma girl, you are one of my favorite people to be around. You make friends faster than anyone I know, and you have a naturally happy personality. I love your energy and your ability to trust so openly. You give the best hugs and are a wonderful cuddler. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be your mother. I love you.

Emma in the hospital

Emma turns 1Emma turns 2Emma turns 3Emma now

7 comments:

Sarah R said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! I can't believe she's already 4. Time sure flies! We are sad we couldn't be there for her birthday party!

Trish said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I had to laugh that she calls it "Old McDonalds" too. Looks like she was very happy.

Sarah B. said...

Oh we miss her! I can't believe how grown up she looks (well, and how much she looks like her Mama!!)

Kerri said...

I love that you posted a picture of her for each year of her life. It's fun to see how she's changed. I just love your Emma.

Ranee` said...

I was going to say the exact thing as Sarah B. She is such a young lady! We miss you guys!

Richard said...

I think you should get studs put on the bike tires so she can actually ride it outside.

Jadi said...

I am glad Emma had a fun birthday! I can't believe she is already 4. They grow up so fast!