1/21/09

Kid crazy

Wow. I thought I was going to lose it today. For some reason, since taking away Ashlyn's binky, she thinks she requires less sleep than me. After attempting to let her cry it out for a nap for a good hour and a half, rather than completely lose it, I just pulled her out of her crib, fixed my first flat tire ever on my jogging stroller, and left the house. Oh, I am so grateful for fresh air (and especially for Nick's willingness for talking a near-tears-Tonya through fixing a flat over the phone). Emma took a bucket along and picked up random rocks for her new collection. Ashlyn fell asleep almost as soon as we left the house, so she and I are both mentally stable now. Oh, I hope this trasition doesn't take too much longer or I'm going to go crazy!

What's really bizarre is that I babysat four kids this morning from 7:30 to 11:30. Including my own, that was six kids between the ages of 14 months and 4. I thought it was going to be crazy, but they did very well together. However, it was still exhausting and I needed a break during nap time, not heart-rending sobs from my little one. Sigh. One thing I've learned from parenting though is that most frustrating things with kids are stages - they don't last forever.

Oh, binky. We do miss you.

5 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Oh yes, the stages. Sigh...

Lisa Burbidge said...

I feel for you. We made the twins give theirs to Santa, and wow has life changed. I don't know what I was thinking doing it 2 weeks before the new one, but we had to do it sometime right!! The night thing has gotten much better but I think that is only do to the fact that they will NOT for the life of me take a nap!! UGGG I am so tired of them by 4 in the afternoon I just have to think 3 more hours and it will be all over. Well good luck with the transtition and hope your is quick!!!

Ranee` said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're going through this with her! I'm getting scared...our turn is coming up and I'm not sure how I'll do if he goes crazy...! :)

Jadi said...

I am sorry. I have been through those stages before. I feel for you. I hope you can catch up on your sleep soon.

Trish said...

I totally feel for you. I am going through a horrible stage with Jordan right now...and yes, he is not napping either!! Let's hope we both survive!