1/16/09

Bye-Bye Binky Blues


I love binkies, pacifiers, babas, whatever you want to call them. My babies both loved them dearly and were able to sooth themselves with them. They worked like magic in the middle of the night or for a sick child. They were often the only way we made it through even half of a sacrament meeting. However, on nights like tonight when the binky is no longer the option, I somewhat question how much good they really do.

My poor Ashlyn cries so hard when she cries that anyone listening to her hurts to hear her. Oh, and I love her dearly. But no way of taking away the binky will be painless, I guess. The result is the same - no binky. She has calmed down for tonight, so I'm hoping we'll survive. But Daddy is also giving her a late night snack of crackers, too. (Her bedtime is usually 8:00.) Last night she cried really hard, but then slept all night and didn't wake up until 7:30. I'm really hoping for a replay without the really hard crying part. I'm guessing it won't happen, though, so I'm heading to bed soon.

Oh, good-bye binkies. You have been such dear friends. We will miss you.

2 comments:

Sarah R said...

Getting rid of the binky can be hard! Adam is about to the age when we need to get him off of it or he will get super attached, and that makes it so much harder. Good luck! I hope she adjusts soon!

Sarah B. said...

I have always been jealous of your binkie kids!! Neither of my kids were remotely interested...

Good luck! And by the way, we miss you!