9/28/08

It's Fun to Learn

Wow! Thanks to Sarah B. I've figured out backgrounds. How fun! Thanks for your help.

This week has been great fun. I went to April's in-law's and picked more apples and pears! I made the apples into frozen pie filling (yummy) and the pears are in the basement ripening. I'll be canning them later this week. It's a lot of work, but my family really enjoys having it throughout the winter. Besides fruit, I've been grading my first batch of freshman comp papers. So far they've been rather entertaining. I've read about everything from losing your big toe in Judo to working as a bouncer at a strip club. I'm always nervously excited to see what my students will write about. So far, they've made it interesting.

The girls, as always, are keeping us laughing. Ashlyn has learned how to draw her eyebrows together into the perfect scowl and has perfected the "no no" phrase. She has also decided that our side hill is the perfect slide. She scoots down the rather steep hill on her bottom just to turn around and try it again. Emma keeps us laughing with comments like, "Dad, no tickling me while I'm sleeping" and "Our baby isn't a baby any more, is she?" They grow so quickly. I'm loving every minute of it. Well, most minutes. One of my favorite phrases is, The days sometimes crawl by, but the weeks and months fly. Well, I'm ready for the next adventure in parenting, I hope.

6 comments:

Sarah R said...

Tonya, your girls are great, and I'm so sad that our kids don't get to play together anymore. And good for you for doing all of the canning, etc.! That's so great, and I wish that I would/could do that more. The only thing I ever do is jam, and I haven't even done that in awhile. You rock.

Trish said...

I'm so jealous of all the apples and pears! How many classes are you teaching? I bet you get to read some interesting stuff. :o)

Jadi said...

I have always wanted to learn how to do canning.
I didn't know you were teaching. I hope you are enjoying it. I think you would be a great teacher!
You are so right about how fast time goes. I keep wondering how my kids got so big. It seems like it happened overnight.

Kerri said...

Tonya, I love your girls. It was fun to have you visit. Good luck with your pears. They're not hard. I peel them with a knife (blanching doesn't really work on them), half them, & use a measuring spoon to scoop out the core. I meant to tell you when you were here, but I forgot.

Sarah B. said...

Oh I am glad that my terrible e-mail helped. I felt like I was speaking gibberish...of course you have always been fabulous at translating my craziness! Miss you!

Tifferific said...

Tonya!!! WOW Bouncer in a Strip Bar... VERY EXCITING!!! You are so funny! I hope all is well! Love your blog! Keep writing on it! You are awesome.. oh and CALL ME!! 4357704965