9/11/08

What the Girls Do While the Daddies Are Away

I've really been wanting to post more pictures, but Nick left Tuesday to go hunt antelope in Wyoming and took the camera with him. He'll be home Saturday, so hopefully I'll be able to share more then. Maybe I'll even post a picture of an antelope. Have you ever seen one? ;)

As for what the girls have done while dad has been away, we've been playing. Actually, we've pretty well done the normal. But Ashlyn has learned how to spin in circles and is becoming quite the pro. For a little 16-month-old who learned to walk about three weeks ago, spinning is a big step. I love watching her laugh after each turn. It's hilarious.

I actually hired a babysitter to come over tonight and went with a friend to help pick fruits and veggies at her in-laws'. I had a blast. It was such a nice break to help pick beans and apples. Her in-laws even had pears, plums, and peaches, and I haven't even mentioned the garden. While I absolutely love spending time with my girls, every once in a while, it's nice to have a mommy evening. Thanks April. Now I have three boxes of beautiful apples to make into applesauce. We love homemade applesauce. Happy canning!

2 comments:

Cindy Robinson said...

hey tonya!
this is cindy...jake robinson's wife! i noticed that jake added your blog to ours and i thought i would check it out! SO CUTE!!! welcome to the "blog world" we haven't seen you guys in so long, but it looks like all is going well. your girls are adorable! i'm glad we will be able to keep better in touch now! check out our blog too any time!
www.jakecindyandblaine.blogspot.com
**cindy! :)

Ranee` said...

Ahh, hunting. Such a joy... ;) Adam is going to be so jealous when I tell him that Nick got an antelope lisence! Adam is taking off this weekend to hunt elk, so I totally understand...of course, knowing me the way you do, you already knew that.