7/25/11

June (not too much going on)

Apparently, when I teach, I'm a pretty boring Mom. June was pretty low key. Courtney, my only Laurel, babysat the girls in the afternoons while I taught for a couple hours. We'd occasionally catch lunch at the park or go to Pocatello's zoo, but we mostly stayed home. Sometimes, that's best, anyways.

This is truly the best picture I have from the month of June. And in actuality, it does sum up the month. I had no idea how time consuming having a puppy is. Well, having a puppy that you hope will become a type of member of the family. As Nick continues to say, "She's getting better." She's also getting bigger. We were apparently had. She is not the male cockapoo we thought we purchased. He is a she and is just over 20 lbs now at six months old. The guess is out about what type of dog she may be. She's not a dumb dog although not the brightest, has a bit of spunk to her, and thankfully does not shed. Nick keeps hinting at kicking her outside, but I know she'd be neglected, and that's the last thing I wanted when buying a dog.

She knows not to chew on the furniture, is house trained (yippee!), and plays really well with the kids. She's even beginning to tolerate Ashlyn constantly trying to ride on her, pull her tail, and drag her through the house on her leash. The kids love having her, but I have to admit, I think I like her the most, and she knows it. She rarely leaves my side when I'm home. It's kind of nice having a sweet, soft, loving, always forgiving buddy. Can you tells she's been rather therapeutic, too?

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Your dog is adorable. Brett and I want a dog one day too, but we disagree about whether the dog should be indoors or outdoors. I am with you. I know the dog would be neglected outside and I like having the dog be more a part of the family. Anyway, all your posts look like you are having so much fun. I really wish we lived closer so we could see you and all your cute extended family more often.