7/25/11

July - Millar Family Reunion

We had a great time getting together with my family for a bit of a reunion two weeks ago. We stayed in Rexburg and gathered at Mom and Dad's for fun time. Unfortunately, my camera never made it's way out of my bag. I only have this picture because Nick brought his new underwater camera to the pool to try out when he was able to come and join us. Know, however, that these are some of my very favorite people. I love the feeling of love and acceptance that exists in my family. We all love each other tremendously. With lots of little people running around all the time, it's just some times hard to stop and enjoy each other. :)


On Thursday, I finished my final, graded papers, entered grades, packed up the girls, and headed to Rexburg to my little sister's house for a BBQ. It was great fun, despite a bit of rain. The girls and I stayed out at her house and really enjoyed it (Emma did have a sleep over with her cousin Kate one night). Friday morning we headed to the sand dunes. It was fun watching the kids play in the sand just as I did when I was a kid. We then took the sandy little ones to Grandma's house for lunch only to leave a short time later for Rexburg's new pool. It was a bit windy, but super fun. The kids played and played until they couldn't handle it any more. Saturday was a bit of a down day. Grandma rented an inflatable bouncy house for the front yard, and the back yard was turned into a kid water park. We ended the day by having a birthday party for my brother-in-law Heath, but mostly for his little guy Ryken. Sunday we all went to church with my sister Kerri. It was fun all being together (well, except for two MIA sons-in-law and my sweet sister Alisa and her family in Alabama). It was a great weekend.

As much fun as we had, we were very excited to see Daddy again and to go to a farewell BBQ for our good friends the Moores. All in all, it was a great weekend.

No comments: