6/15/09

My Mom


Yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. She wouldn't like that I just announced that fact, but the picture rather gives it away. She is one of my favorite people. She is so full of love and cares for all who are around her. She's always there to talk and laugh with, and I love spending time with her any way I can.

My mom and I have always had a special relationship. As a teenager I use to spend a lot of time talking at the foot of her bed after being with friends. I loved that. She loved it when I brought friends to the house and always let us know we were welcome to be there by most of the time joining in on the fun.

Now we are able to talk and laugh over the phone. She gives great kiddo advice for those tough days and reminds me that the good times far outweigh the frustrating moments. Mom, thanks for laughing, crying, and listening. I love you more than I can express. Thank you for being my mom. I'm only beginning to understand exactly what that little word means. Happy birthday.

No comments: