6/13/09

Gardening


We finally have a garden! Our back yard isn't very large, so we made the most of our hillside and built a terraced garden. It's taken much longer than we anticipated due to the days and days of rain we've had. But we literally dug in today and finished. It's taken a lot of shoveling, time, and well, money, but we're happy with the end result. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run in more than one way. Nick is amazing at finishing projects and making them look incredible. Emma had a lot of fun planting. And Ashlyn had fun digging up and stepping on everything that we planted. Gardening with kids is rather hilarious. I'm interested to see how weeding goes! Oh, but I can't wait for the fresh tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, squash, cucumbers, peas, carrots, spinach, and onions.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I don't think those were the pavers you were planning to use, are they? Remind me you want some strawberries starts tomorrow. I have volunteers in unwanted places.

Trish said...

You did a great job! I liked that you acknowledged the money part too. I seriously did not realize how much all the little yard projects I want to do would cost!