11/13/08

Chocolate Truffle Cookies


Perfect for any chocolate lover. These literally melt in your mouth. I often like to use Andes mint pieces from WalMart in place of the chocolate chips, and if I don't have time, I don't refrigerate the dough like the recipe suggests.

1 1/4 c butter or margarine, softened
2 1/4 c confectioners' sugar
1/3 c baking cocoa
1/4 c sour cream
1 T vanilla
2 1/4 c flour
2 c (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c chocolate sprinkles

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hr. Roll into 1-in balls; dip in chocolate sprinkles. Place, sprinkled side up, 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 5 1/2 dozen.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Mmmm. We love this. Funny, most of my favorite recipes I like to share with people I got from you.

Jadi said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes. I can't wait to try them out! I also loved how your candy bar bouquet turned out! I hope Nick had a great birthday.