11/18/08

Accomplishments, Disappointments, and Nakedness

Hurray! This baby blanket is finished. I had Nick's sister Lacee choose a blanket for me to make for her as soon as we found out she was having a boy. Well, I'm a very slow knitter, so even though he's two months old, I've just finished it. To my credit though, he was born 7 weeks early. This turned out to be quite the project, but I loved doing it. I love being finished with it that much more. I hope baby Carson enjoys it. It's trimmed with satin ribbons and backed with minky.


On a sad note, I received a letter from ISU the other day telling me that all part-time teachers are being relieved of their classes next semester due to budget problems. I'm so disappointed. I love teaching. Maybe something will happen, but I rather doubt it. My only chance is that I was scheduled to teach online and it was the only ENGL 101 online course being offered next semester. I should know by the end of the week. Wish me luck.

Now for the comical note. We woke up to a naked baby the other morning. I am now a firm believer in those nice little tabs on pajamas that snap over the zipper. Ashlyn was incredibly disappointed when Nick caught her and got her dressed. Sigh. Being 1 and naked must be the best. I've opted to keep her bare bum off the internet, so I'm not sharing a picture, but here's for snapping tabs!

6 comments:

Shar said...

Tonya - you are so talented! This blanket is amazing. I wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to do all the things you do!

I'm sorry to hear about teaching. It seems like everyone is having job trouble lately. Trav's on the hunt b/c his work isn't making enough money this year to keep their employees. Fun times. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Jadi said...

The blanket turned out so cute! GOOD JOB! Sorry to hear about the teaching job. Hopefully it will end up working out. I had to laugh about the naked story. Kaylee was always getting undressed and running around. She thought it was so funny. She is finally starting to grow out of that stage. :)

Trish said...

I love the blanket and I especially love the minky fabric on the back. That's a great idea. That is really too bad about the teaching job. Jordan is about to drive me crazy with the naked thing. I'm glad someone else is dealing with it too! :o)

Kerri said...

What an act of love! It turned out beautifully! That's a blankie a kid could get very attached to. I adore you. I see your moral dilemma ended in not posting the nakie photo. I guess that's wise.

I hope you do get to continue teaching, at least the online course. I can't believe they told you via a note. That's so lame-o!

Monte and Lacee said...

Tonya!!! your the best!!! Carson will just love it. you did such a wonderful job. we cant wait to get it and cuddle with it. he loves the minky one i made so i know that he will like it. love you guys, cant wait to see you

Ranee` said...

What an awesome blanket! You are so stinkn' amazing Tonya! I am so sorry about your class, that would totally suck...but hey, that means you'd have time to edit for me, right. ;) Love you Tonya and still missing you tons...ever think bout moving to Byron?