3/22/10

Relay for Life

I have just joined a team to participate in The American Cancer Society Relay For Life. I'm very excited. It's more than just an event to me. It is my personal opportunity to help save lives from cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society.

In the last year, I have had several friends in my neighborhood and ward diagnosed with cancer. Cancer is everywhere, and I want to do my part. The team that I am participating with is headed by my good friend and neighbor Stephanie. Her husband has been fighting cancer for over 8 months now. They have three kids aged 5-11. I pray daily that their daddy will get better soon. The Relay is just one more way of working towards that.

I am also doing this for my own family. I can't imagine how it would change our lives to find out one of us had cancer. I want them all to know how much I love them.

If you would like to support my efforts by making a donation, you can click the link below, view the link to Relay on my Facebook wall, or I can email you a link (I'm still figuring that one out). Together, we have the power to help create a world where cancer can no longer claim another year of anyone’s life.

To print an offline donation form, click here.

1 comment:

Jadi said...

Tonya,

I think it is great that you are doing this. I just caught up with your blog. I was in tears when I read what you have recently been through. I hope you are feeling better and finding peace. I know we grow the most through our trials but sometimes they can be so hard.
I can't believe Emma is 5! They grow up so fast!