1/12/10

Christmas (Finally)

Better late than never, right? Christmas around here was pretty calm. It was a bit change from last year and much less dramatic. Thank goodness. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas here together. We all enjoyed being home and actually relaxing together. Honestly, it was really nice. Christmas evening my parents and grandma came to join us while we opened presents and for dinner. It was wonderful having them. Grandparents just make everything special.

TinkerToys were a hit. The girls love building with these, and Dad enjoys playing with something other than princesses. Emma loves her "princess in a castle with a prince." She has almost the complete collection and has played and played with them.

I couldn't resist throwing this picture in. We've seen this face a lot lately. Nick calls it her pirate face. It cracks me up every time.
Oh, yes. More princesses.

Ashlyn got the cutest little FurReal kitten and has loved it dearly. If daddy and big sister weren't allergic to them, I'd have bought her the real thing.These two games have been a hit. I love that they're old enough to play games. Ashlyn has a great attention span for them. Emma gets rather bored quickly.On Saturday we all headed to Rexburg for the day. My family had their Christmas party in my little sister's new home, and we all got spoiled once again by my mom. It was great to see family, and we even had the chance to see an old friend from high school and his family.

I've heard many people say that they don't care for the holidays, but I really do enjoy them. I have to pace myself so I'm not running crazy at the end, but this year we allowed ourselves a vacation from the running and played at home. We all enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Jake said...

I'm glad that Nick got something that he could play with the girls to keep him sane (Tinker Tots)! It's pretty tough that all Blaine likes to play with is legos and Star Wars...you know...the things I loved to play with as a kid!

It was good seeing you guys during Christmas and next time we'll have to actually get together and go out or something.