7/7/09

Half Marathon

Just under a year ago my friend Monica asked if I would run a half marathon with her. At that time I balked at the question, but ever since then the idea has been teasing me. Long story short, I signed up to run Pocatello's half marathon on September 5th. I'm a complete mixture of nervous and excited. It's 13.1 miles, so I have a lot of work to do in the next 8 1/2 weeks, but I know it will be a huge accomplishment. I would love it if anyone else might be interested in joining me. Click here for more information on the Pocatello Marathon. Wish me luck. I can guarantee that there are going to be days when I'll need it.

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

Well, I am certainly in no condition to run or train for one right now, but Diana and I did one a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun. The biggest piece of advice I'd give you is try to make your longest run before the race longer than 8 miles. We weren't quite as diligent in our training as we should have been, and after about mile 10 or 11, we felt it. We probably needed one extra week to get in a little longer run to make sure our bodies were really ready. That being said, I am sure you'll do much a great job training. It feels really good to cross that finish line.

The Lords said...

Tonya- I told you that I would run with you but we have yet to get out there and actually do it. However, after seeing that you are training for a half marathon I don't know if I am up to your level!!! Yikes, I am WAY out of shape! I have not really been running since before Ashlyn....WOW that is SAD!!

Kerri said...

Yea you! That sense of accomplishment when you finish is so great! I wish I had my training schedule, but I think I tossed it, knowing it was a one and only opportunity with my knees. I wonder if Kathy would have it.

Trish said...

How fun! Seriously. I ran the Logan Marathon pre-kids and it was a really great experience. My advice is to be consistant with your training and you'll do great...or at least finish. :o)

Sarah B. said...

Look at you!! I am so impressed. I am still doing our tiny Washington Park walks. :-) Good luck!! You are awesome. (And not just for that...)

Karen said...

Good for you!! I barely got up enough guts to run a 5K! :)

Monica said...

Does this mean I have to do it too? Ahhh. I have given up running...I thought.

Steph said...

Oh ugg...my friend and I signed up for the 5k, and I'm freaking out about that!