10/18/09

1/2 Marathon


My sister has been telling me I needed to post about the 1/2 marathon Sept 5. Yes, it's been a while, but I did actually do it. I trained for about 10 weeks. It was a lot of work, but I'm so glad I did. Nick and the girls came and cheered me on before they had to leave for Wyoming to Nick's Uncle's funeral. While I wanted to be there, I'm not so sure there will ever be another marathon in my future, and I really wanted to meet my goal. Luckily everyone else supported me.

I was able to complete my race of 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 20 minutes. That's not a record time by any means, but I was able to run/jog the entire way. It felt so good to accomplish my goal, and I can honestly say I had a blast. Thanks everyone for the support.

3 comments:

Shar said...

congratulations! that is such a big accomplishment. I just need to start exercising in general. I'm so impressed!

Sabrina said...

That's a great time in my book. My time was certainly slower and we ran, bur more like really slowly jogged near the end, the whole time. Good work. It feels good to cross the finish line doesn't it?

Kerri said...

We could be running buddies. That's almost my exact half-marathon time