12/11/08

Time Flies . . .

Wow. I can't believe it's been so long. So much for writing about why I love to blog, right? (Sheepish grin.) Actually, life has just been busy.

Like others, we spent Thanksgiving with family. This year we were with Nick's family. It was a rather busy and noisy weekend, but it was so good to see family we don't see nearly often enough. I have been very blessed with amazing in-laws. I love the lot of them. We had all sorts of fun making and decorating gingerbread men and houses, having our annual white elephant gift exchange, running and laughing with cousins, watching deer through grandma and grandpas' front window, feeding their pet wild rabbits, and so much more. We took gobs of pictures, but somehow they are all on everyone else's cameras. We didn't make it home with a single one. That's part of the reason it's taken me so long to post. I kept thinking I would have someone email me some.

Since Thanksgiving is now behind us, we pulled out the Christmas decorations and headed up to get a Christmas tree. We only had one free afternoon last week and that was after my class Friday, so we didn't head into the mountains until 3:30. Ashlyn loved being out but couldn't figure out how to walk in her boots. Emma, however, freaked out every time Nick walked around a corner or into the trees out of her sight. We almost left without a tree.

Dad and his girls. Emma loves her 'noclears.

The tree we cut down in the dark and Emma's stick.

Needless to say, we got our tree home. When we got around to decorating it, we discovered that the entire backside is bare but for one lonely branch. It fits perfectly in the corner and doesn't look bad now that it's decorated. Nick and I got quite the laugh out of it though when we first brought it in. The girls didn't care though and just loved decorating it.

In fact, I've included a little clip of the experience. I hope Ashlyn isn't too loud.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

WOW your girls are getting so big. I hardly recognize Emma.... Your tree is beautiful and we miss you guys!! Merry Christmas!